TechSoup Asia-Pacific is seeking an experienced project manager to join a team focused on meeting the technology needs of NGOs throughout the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your project management skills, whilst working within a dynamic, international team environment. The Program Manager will be preferably be based in one of the following countries (Malaysia, Indonesia, The Philippines or Thailand) and will form part of an integral small Asia-Pacific team, reporting on a day to day basis to the Manager, Program Development and Strategic Partnerships in Asia-Pacific, but will have close working relationships with the development (grants and fundraising) team based in the USA, TechSoup’s various NGO partners and stakeholders throughout APAC.
What You’ll Do:
The Project Manager will be a key member of the TechSoup Asia-Pacific team. You will be responsible for overseeing a range of projects, defining project execution and implementation collaborating with TechSoup staff and our partners in region on project concepts and delivery.
Currently, there are two ongoing projects in TechSoup Asia-Pacific. These projects are centered around building capacities of nonprofits working in marginalised communities in Malaysia and Indonesia. Amongst other projects that TechSoup Asia-Pacific is developing includes human rights, good governance, anti-human trafficking and Internet freedom.
- Provide overall project coordination and management of internal resources, partners and associated stakeholders
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress of assigned projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage and communicate changes in project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Ensuring clear communication on progress, changes and any other updates, between project resources and relevant stakeholders
- Provide financial administration of assigned projects including liaising with partners and TechSoup Head Office on budgets, invoicing and compiling financial reporting in line with project expectations
- Serve as key point of contact for project finance, progress updates and project schedule
- Provide technical input for project design and overall scope, Monitoring and Evaluation indicators during proposal development with Manager, Program Development and Strategic Partnerships in Asia-Pacific,
- Lead, coordinate and responsible for completion and maintenance of project documentation including timely reports, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet project requirements
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, usually funders, implementing partners and internal TechSoup colleagues
- Organise and lead project committee meetings in relation to assigned projects
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a project management capacity, preferably in a nonprofit, social enterprise, or international development environment.
- Candidates who have prior working experience in an international or regional organisation, or bilateral agencies are preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Project Management, International Relations, Organizational Development, or similar fields.
- Candidates who are qualified in other fields will also be assessed based on working experience, knowledge and skill sets.
- Project Management certification such as PMP or PRINCE etc
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 5 years working experience in a project management capacity, preferably in a cross-cultural, regional or international context
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for internal and external stakeholder communication
- Highly organized multi-tasker with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities and problem solving.
- Strong desktop publishing skills, proficient in the use of office productivity tools e.g. Microsoft office/Google Suite etc
- Essential project management skills, including; Planning, developing and tracking budgets, effective resource management, process improvement, communication and reporting.
- Maintains calmness in a crisis, solutions driven, demonstrates clear ability to effectively develop solutions in crisis situations.
- Independent, self-starter with proven ability to work autonomously as part of a geographically distributed team
Demonstrated professionalism and flexibility in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.Desirable
- Experience managing projects in a non-profit, human rights, social enterprise, or international development setting
- Web publishing and basic graphic design skills.
- Enthusiastic commitment to TechSoup’s mission; knowledge of the NGO sector and the role of technology in building the capacity of NGOs and charities.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; knowledge of one or more ASEAN languages is a plus.
The Project Manager role will on a day to day basis report to the Manager, Program Development and Strategic Partnerships, Asia-Pacific with regards to assigned projects. The Project Manager may also be assigned projects from the Managing Director – Asia-Pacific.
The successful candidate will be employed as an independent contractor of TechSoup (TechSoup is based in San Francisco, USA). Locally competitive remuneration will be provided in line with the candidate’s experience and skill sets. Candidate will be required to travel both domestically, regionally and internationally from time to time. TechSoup is looking to fill the role in either Malaysia, Indonesia, The Philippines or Thailand.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume along with an accompanying cover letter that speaks to your desire for the role advertised and relative qualifications, experiences, knowledge and skills that make you suited to the role. The resume and covering letter should be emailed through to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 23 February 2019.