Are you someone who’s looking for a role that allows you to create a positive impact? Then we’ve got something for you! TechSoup Asia-Pacific is expanding its team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. If you’re interested with working with TechSoup Asia-Pacific, check out our job openings below:
Project Coordinator (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your project coordination skills, whilst working within a dynamic, international team environment. The Project Coordinator will be based in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and will form part of an integral small Asia-Pacific team, reporting on a day to day basis to the Project Manager, with close working relationships with the TechSoup Asia-Pacific team and TechSoup (grants and fundraising) team based in the USA, TechSoup’s various NGO partners and stakeholders throughout Southeast Asia.
What You’ll Do:
The project coordinator will be responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the YSEALI Regional Transparency and Anti-Corruption Workshop over a period of 12 months.
The project will bring together 100 youth leaders from throughout ASEAN and Timor-Leste for a week of workshops, masterclasses, networking and cultural offsite activities. You will be responsible for organising and coordination of the documentation of this project, including and not limited to preparing monthly reports, coordinating meetings, tracking project progress and deadlines, and implementing the logistics plan. The role will have you collaborating with TechSoup staff, the YSEALI Alumni network, U.S embassies, our partners and contractors in ASEAN and Timor-Leste.
- Provide overall administrative support and coordination to the project
- Maintain all project documentation including reports, quotations, evaluations, analyses, assessments as per project requirements
- Assist in tracking progress of report deadlines and any other submissions related to the project
- Assist with website updates, including editing graphics and text
- Provide support to financial administrator including compiling and coordinating expense sheets and any other related documents related to finances
- Provide support to project manager for monthly reporting submission
- Assist with the execution of the logistics plan including researching and confirming event venues, and liaising with the logistics agency on participants and speaker details
- Organise and document committee meetings, and any other meetings in relation to the project
- Provide support to the social media coordinator who will be updating social media platforms
Qualifications and Experience:
At least 5-7 years working experience, with at least 5 years’ experience working in a project management capacity, preferably in a nonprofit, social enterprise, or an international development environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 5 years working experience in a project management capacity, preferably in a cross-cultural, regional or international context
- Highly organized multi-tasker with strong attention to detail and deadline
- Essential project administration skills, including organising, coordinating and documenting
- Clear and concise communication abilities, both written and verbal, for both an internal and external audience
- Strong desktop publishing skills, proficient in the use of office productivity tools e.g. Microsoft office/Google Suite etc
- Independent, self-starter with proven ability to work autonomously as part of a geographically distributed team
- Demonstrated professionalism and flexibility in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Fluency in verbal and written English and Bahasa Malaysian; knowledge of one or more other ASEAN languages is a plus.
- Candidates who have prior working experience in an international or regional organisation, or bilateral agencies are preferred.
- Prior long-term experience (more than 12 months) in project coordination and/or an administrative role in regional/international non-profit, human rights, social enterprise, or international development setting.
- Prior experience in managing development aid grants, especially from the U.S State Department.
- Experience in developing or implementing marketing and outreach plans, especially digital marketing and social media.
- Writing skills, including the ability to write short updates for both external (social media updates, website articles) and internal (newsletters) audiences.
- Social media skills including memes, GIFs, and knowledge of various social media platforms and their insights
- Financial administration skills, and experience in using some finance reporting tools
- Enthusiastic commitment to TechSoup’s mission; knowledge of the NGO sector and the role of technology in building the capacity of NGOs and charities.
The Project Coordinator will functionally report to the Project Manager who will manage this project. The Project Coordinator’s direct line management will be with the Managing Director – Asia-Pacific.
The successful candidate will be employed as an independent contractor of TechSoup and based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Locally competitive remuneration will be provided in line with the candidate’s experience and skill sets. Due to the nature of the project and the funding associated with it, this position is strictly for a period of up to 12 months. Any continuation of the position/role is contingent on future funded projects or programmatic activities.
How to apply:
Those interested in applying should send their resume along with an accompanying cover letter that speaks to your desire for the role advertised and speaks to the relative qualifications, experiences, knowledge and skills that make you suited to the role. The resume and covering letter should be emailed through to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Project Coordinator – TechSoup Asia-Pacific” in the subject line.
Applications are accepted until January 10, 2020. Successful candidates should be able to start work soon on February 2020.