Technology can be daunting for many, especially for those who struggle to keep up with emerging technological trends. In view of the low digital literacy in the region, the TechSoup Asia Pacific team has made it a priority to simplify these ‘daunting’ concepts.
Jed Adao, TechSoup Asia-Pacific Project Coordinator, developed a mini series of “Tech Made Easy” videos on YouTube. These 1-minute videos have been used in various webinars and f2f trainings across our SE Asia partner network as well as TechSoup UK:
- Search Engine Optimisation shows NGOs how to increase visitor traffic to their website
- Google Ad Words demonstrates how the Google Ad grant is a mutual win for all
- Cloud Computing explains the basics of cloud storage
- Going Mobile teaches NGOs how to develop mobile friendly content
- Security 101 reminds NGOs the importance of security basics, for both devices and files
- Genuine vs pirated shares the pros of genuine software
The goal of these videos is to summarise new and existing technology concepts, as well as introduce new products to the non-profit community.
Although certain software such as MailChimp are free and available online, many NGOs lack the knowledge on how to use such products.
Understanding this digital gap, and the need for easy-to-understand content, TechSoup Asia-Pacific has simplified content and made it accessible for the non-profit community.
Our regular webinars and step-by-step guides on both free and paid products, help to reduce the digital divide and build the tech capacity of the non-profit community in the region.
The TechSoup Asia-Pacific catalogue carries a wide range of products including operating systems, project management, anti-spam, security and firewall, multimedia and graphics, mapping tools and programming softwares.
For more information on the TechSoup Asia Pacific catalogue or country-specific products, visit our Tech Donation page or contact email@example.com.